Can you make a smoothie in a food processor? Of course! Here’s a quick and easy way how to do that, even with a crappy food processor.
Whether it’s because we don’t have our blender or shaker in hand, maybe it’s broken or something. But sometimes we just need to use something else to make our smoothies.
Can you make a smoothie in a food processor?
Yes, but the procedure will be different from making a smoothie using a blender. That is because their blade structure is different and they’re built for different purposes.
Try the 24 day Smoothie Detox Challenge!
The Food Processor I Use
You can also use this recipe to make smoothies in general, or even thicker smoothie bowls!
What can I serve smoothies/ smoothie bowls with?
- top it off with some vegan protein sugar-free granola
- spread it thinly on a freezer-friendly bowl or plate and pop it in the freezer for a couple minutes to make it ice-creamy
- sprinkle some nuts and seeds or fruit
- and so much more!
You may also like…
- chop whatever frozen fruit of vegetables into small pieces, about the size of raspberries. This will ensure easier blending.
- Process the fruits and veggies in high speed, for 1-2 minutes, stopping in between to scrap the sides using a spoon. Blend until you see crumbles left.
- If you have any dry ingredients (for example: protein powder, spices, seeds), add them in now. Blend again at medium high speed. You should be left with a soft-ice dessert like texture.
- Add in your liquid, or in my case yogurt and blend at medium speed until smooth. Scrap the sides in between using a spoon
- You’re done!